torstai 28. helmikuuta 2013

Time for analyze

I realized that I've been here for 4 weeks now, wow. I think it's time to do some analyze about everything here in Hungary. Everything has been going so fast and i never really had time to go trough everything! At first, i really like Budapest. I like it for the reasons i chose it - it is such a big place and always something going on. Which is also hard for me, cause i like to be there where happens so being home even for one night is frustrating. What am i missing!?

Because it's still a winter here I don't feel I've experienced the beauty of the city. Yeah it is beautiful on it's own way but i would rather call it bare. But i also think that after few weeks when the spring comes,  there will be also another colors besides grey! Yes, it is winter here, which means +2 degreases and that seems crazy for a Finn girl. So when I look the thermometer and see plus degreeses it means that i don't need my quilted jacket anymore, i leave it home and damn i'm freezing out there. +2 degreeses in this city feels like -12 in Finland. Danube river makes the city attractive. It parts the city to Buda and to Pest and it seems to be really important for people which side of the river you live in. One of my mentors gave me this "polite" simile: Buda is like Sweden and Pest is like Finland - so Buda is better! Even if i might secretly believe in that, i'm living in Pest side. After all, Pest is where everything happens that is what that matters to me.

Of course living in a different culture makes you question some things. Here is a list of mine. Why a person working in a most touristic shopping mall doesn't speak english?  Where do people here buy normal stuff like hangers and glue? (I so love Finland's Citymarkets where in one huge store you find everything you need!) People here don't rent movies? (I've asked for 2 hungarian for a movie renting place the other one had no idea and the other one gave me address where there is nothing, again haha) Like mentioned before - where are all the gyms? Why is there so much pee and boob on the streets and are they dog's or human's? Why can't you buy a phone without being a citizen of Hungary? Does everyone hungarian have this whoopedoo attitude? There are a lot of fast food stands in every corner of this city, why people are not fat? For what do I need to give my mom's maiden name to the papers? The self-service cashes make me smile. The language sounds so funny, that it makes me smile. And the great people I've met here, make me smile <3

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti